Thursday, July 29, 2010

#16: A Swimming Hole

A, C, and SuperD enjoy a small waterfall at one of Turner Falls' swimming holes.

I don't normally like swimming in lake or river water, but it was SO hot at Turner Falls that I was ready to jump in any water I saw. It was absolutely refreshing! We tried out several different swimming holes, including the main pool, the Blue Hole. It was there we encountered the largest crowds, namely because the Blue Hole had a water slide and a diving board. It was very family-friendly, with both shallow and deep water areas. Next, we swam and played in the stream near our campsite. This is where we were eaten alive by horseflies. You could barely walk along the shore with being bitten.
Early the next morning, we awoke early and headed to the swimming hole at the base of a large waterfall. We were the only people in the pool of water for about 20 minutes. It was fabulous having the place all to ourselves! Once people began to arrive, we headed downstream to some uninhabited areas and soaked for a while longer. I truly could have stayed for several days more, simply lounging in the cool water!

A:
The swimming hole also made my top 20 list. It was awesome! There was a little tiny waterfall that ended up being pretty deep, there were ropes that we could swing off of into the water, and little fish!!!!! The thing I enjoyed the most at the swimming hole, was swinging off the ropes into the water!!!!! It was a blast!!!!! I also like sitting under the waterfall. Again, there were horseflies, which added more pain to my body..... I really enjoyed it though!!!!! I want to swim in the swimming hole more!!!!!! :'( I want to go back very soon!

C:
We went to a swimming hole at Turner Falls. I was trying to catch fish. They were little teeny fish. You had to have a fishing license to catch them. We went on a rope swing. It was cool! I actually got to flip off it! I was like, "Whoa! Splash!" I made big, big splashes! They were huge! It was fun! Every time I got out of the water, I was cold, and horseflies tried to eat me. I got back in the water because they hate water.



No comments:

Post a Comment