Thursday, July 8, 2010

#36: A Sculpture Park, Part 2


I just had to take the kids to The Crucible Foundry & Gallery, when I found out that so many of the bronze sculptures we have seen around town were made here. And when I discovered that they had a Sculpture Park that was open to the public, I planned our trip. Their garden changes periodically, depending upon which sculptures they have on hand. We saw two bronze sculptures that are also on display in Edmond. The garden was a peaceful place, with stone benches for sitting, lots of shade trees, and a lily pad pond in the center.

This was my favorite.

We first saw this sculpture at the animal shelter in Edmond.

A:
The sculpture park was FULL of bronze sculptures!!!!! There were some of men, women, children, dogs, a pig and a chicken, and acrobats! "Acrobats" was my favorite sculpture!!!!! I don't know why I like it so much. It's just kind of fascinating! You can see it in the picture above. It has two men, one is holding the other one up, and the other one is upside down on the other's hands. It's really cool!!!!! I liked the sculpture park!


C:
We went to the sculpture park, and we saw "Ham and Eggs," a pig and a hen sculpture that is at the Around the Corner Restaurant in Edmond. There were tons of sculptures inside the gallery. One was called "Abstract," which is A's nickname. I think there was one called "Face Out."



"Abstract"

No comments:

Post a Comment