Thursday, June 3, 2010

#28: Your Elected Official's Office

A, Senator Jolley, C

Thank you to Senator Clark Jolley, of Edmond, for taking time out of your day to see us.
A had been to our state capitol building in the past, but this was a first for C. He wandered from painting to sculpture, saying, "What's this? Who is that?" I had forgotten how hot it gets in the halls of the capitol, so we weren't inclined to spend too much time looking at any one thing. C did notice the state seal on the floor tile and commented about how it was the same thing that we have at our school.
Perhaps the best part of our visit to the capitol was when Sen. Jolley took us into the Senate Chamber. A and I had viewed the House Chamber from the gallery, during last year's session, but seeing the chamber from the Senate floor was cool! A and I were busy looking at the architecture of the room, while C was saying, "Is this microphone on? Are these chairs old? Who sits there? What are those papers? Why are they on the floor? What's in there? What does that button do?"
Thanks again, Clark, for being so patient with my son!


A:
I thought the capitol was really fun, even though it was my second time being there. We got to meet our senator, Clark Jolley, and he gave us a tour in the Senate Chamber when it was empty. Every time I go to the capitol, I am always fascinated with the ceilings because they are so beautiful and eye-capturing. Out of all the ceilings, I like the dome the best. It's so beautiful! I enjoyed going to the capitol.

C:
I thought the capitol was going to be boring, but it was actually fun. We met Clark Jolley, who is our senator. We got to see his picture on the wall. The pictures had the year on it. We got to see paintings. My favorite was a guy with an eyepatch on him (Wiley Post). It was fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment