Saturday, June 5, 2010

#29: An Insectarium

the butterfly exhibit at the OKC Zoo



With my small amount of research, I could not find an insectarium near us, so we opted for the OKC zoo instead. Couldn't we find some insects there? Yes. From the beautiful to the grotesque, we did see insects, along with some animals we had never seen before. It felt like it must have been the hottest day of the summer thus far, but we enjoyed it anyway.


We never did find the scorpion


the biggest tarantula we had ever seen

 

EEWW! Enough said.

A:
When we went to the zoo, I thought seeing all the insects would be gross and disgusting, but it was fun getting to see what they looked like. I enjoyed seeing the butterflies and identifying different types of butterflies.
 
C:
The butterflies looked pretty. I only saw two kinds. I saw a Monarch and a Queen. It was really cool because I really liked the Queen butterfly. The thing I didn't like most was the tarantula.

No comments:

Post a Comment