Thursday, June 10, 2010

#36: A Sculpture Park



The Spirit of the Buffalo Corral

The Spirit of the Buffalo project began in January of 2004, when Oklahoma artists began their work for the Nature Conservatory of Oklahoma. The herd arrived in OKC that May and have been grazing downtown ever since. Some have moved from their original locations and were put to pasture here, in the Bricktown area. I love the mural on the wall next to the Amtrak!




A:
The sculpture park was cool to go to and look at. We saw a lot of buffalos, and took pics of them. My favorite one was the B.C. Clark buffalo. It had a HUGE gem design on the front, and the gem was one of my favorite colors! The buffalos had interesting designes on them, one was a picasso buffalo. It looked like a piece of art! Literally! There are buffalos all over OKC. I want to look for more!

C:

It wasn't a normal sculpture park; it had buffaloes. I saw one that was called Sunflake, and I really liked it. It had a picture of a half-sun and half of a snowflake. My favorite buffalo was the buffalo nickel. It looked like a real nickel, but it had a buffalo on it. When you looked at it sideways, you saw half of the buffalo on one side and half on the other side. It didn't tell you if it was heads or tails.




No comments:

Post a Comment