Thursday, June 17, 2010

#30: A Marvel of Engineering



One of our favorite places to eat is Pops, just east of Edmond in Arcadia. Pops opened in 2007 and quickly became a must-see for those travelling the Mother Road (Route 66). I am awed by the building. The giant canopy appears to be hovering in midair over the gas station, but it is actually supported by white cantilevers whose design was inspired by the historic bridges located along the famous highway.



The walls which stretch the length of the building are created from Oklahoma red rock.



The front and back of the building are made of glass and are lined with shelves which display thousands of bottles of soda pop. If you weren't thirsty when you arrived, you certainly won't leave before you purchase a bottle from Pops selection of over 500 sodas. My family loves the sodas, but my favorite part is at the old-fashioned soda counter - the milkshakes!

A:
Ok, Pops is one of my most favorites places in the world to go! The building is so different then most buildings. They have, like, every soda in the world, and there are soda bottles on glass shelves on the wall!!!!! Pops has my most favorite soda in the world - the grape Jolly Rancher soda! It tastes soooo good! When I go to Pops, I like looking at all the sodas that they have in the coolers. They have sodas there that I've never even heard of! I LOVE Pops!!!!! I could go there every day and never get tired of it!



C:
Pops has bottles on the windows and food everywhere and tons of drinks. We got a sundae with oreos, whipped cream, and ice cream. It was yummy! I wish I got to eat all of the sundae because it was so yummy! My mommy was taking pictures, and I asked her if I could get in one because it was on the wall, and it looked like stairs. I got to sit on one of those bricks that looked like a stair.

No comments:

Post a Comment