Monday, June 7, 2010

#71: An Archeological Site


Discovery Room
at the Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum
of Natural History
I couldn't find any dig sites near us, so we settled for the dig site at the museum. The Dinosaur Dig area has pretend dinosaur fossils which have been buried for the children to unearth. Unlike other digs I have seen, this one was not simply covered with sand. The children had to actually chisel away at the hard ground and brush away the loose particles. C put a lot of effort into it, but was only able to uncover a tiny part of the fossil.
C:
I got to go to a dig site, and I got to dig dinosaur bones. I used a brush, goggles, and a chisel. Other kids were digging, and I joined in. We all worked like a team because we were trying to find where the bones were. People were helping each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment