Wednesday, June 23, 2010

#99 - A Greenhouse

Hardy bananas, huh?

I remember TLC Nursery from the 80's when I was in Edmond as a teenager. They were just a Mom & Pop business back then, with only 5 family members working the business. Now, they employ approximately 100 people at their two locations, which span over 150,000 square feet of greenhouses and over 10 acres of garden and nursery sale items. Here is a small list of what they sell: over 400 varieties of perennial plants, over 400 varieties of annuals, over 30,000 poinsettias, over 20,000 garden mums, over 40,000 geraniums, over 100,000 flats of garden plants, and over 300 varieties of rose bushes. Now that's a lot of flowers and plants!



Jeff, the terrific employee, showed us to the rear of the greenhouse where they are already growing poinsettias for the Christmas season. They don't look like much yet, but they were everywhere!













A:
The green house was really colorful! I saw lots of different flowers! My favorite flower is the Dahlia! It's so pretty and they come in different colors! I had hoped to see some, but we couldn't find them. While we were there, we asked a man who worked there if we could see the place where they grow all the flowers and veggies! We got to see some Poinsettias that were growing! It was awesome! We also asked a lady if they had any Venus Fly Traps, but they were all out! We would have bought one, but we will have to wait a couple more weeks! I really enjoyed the greenhouse! I want to come back again!




C:
I love tomatoes! I've seen green tomatoes, orange tomatoes, yellow tomatoes, and red tomatoes. This one was a little tomato. They're all good kinds of tomatoes. I saw eggplants, too. I saw a red, spicy pepper. We looked for a cucumber plant and a Venus Flytrap, but they were all out. We hoped that we could buy one for my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment