Wednesday, June 9, 2010

#37: A Farmers' Market


The vendors set up their booths from April to October, and during the summer they sell every Wednesday and Saturday from 8am to 1pm. The kids and I had been once before when I was on a quest for locally grown honey, which is supposed to be good for people with allergies. Today, we were there to buy vegetables for SuperD and C. A and I don't like veggies; we're the fruit-lovers. SuperD and I bought three ears of corn, tomatoes, peaches, a cucumber, some new potatoes, and a strawberry turnover. I was so busy purchasing produce that I forgot to take pictures! We plan to go back each week, only buying what we will use within a few days' time.

C bought a root beer flavored honey straw from Cripple Creek Farms.
A:
The Farmer's Market was AWESOME!!!!! I got to see all the fresh new fruits and veggies! We also got to talk to the farmers about where their farms are and what they grow. I love homemade bread, so that's where I went first.I looked through all the breads and I found banana nut bread. I absolutely LOVE banana nut bread, and it was homemade! So I bought it, and it tastes delicious!!!!! I had lots of fun at the Farmer's Market! I can't wait to go back!!!!!

C:
I got to see lots of vegetables . It was really fun because I love vegetables and fruits. I got this thing and it was root beer flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment