Monday, June 21, 2010

#81: A Place Where They Make Cool Stuff




It doesn't get much cooler than fresh doughnuts, hot off the line! My family loves to visit Krispy Kreme and watch the doughnuts as they make their journey from rings of dough into an Original Glazed Doughnut. I didn't realize that Krispy Kreme has been in business since 1937 with their secret recipe for doughnuts. Vernon Rudolph bought the recipe from a New Orleans French Chef. He rented a building to make the doughnuts and then sold them to grocery stores. But so many people smelled the fresh doughnuts and stopped to ask him if they could buy a fresh, hot doughnut that Mr. Rudolph cut a hole in the side of the building and began selling to customers on the sidewalk. Maybe that's why Krispy Kreme still offers warm doughnuts to their customers. If you've never seen it, you must visit the doughnut shop when the HOT light is on in the window, and they will give a FREE doughnut! Be sure to be polite and buy something, too. I'm betting you won't be able to eat only one!




The dough is fried on one side...

then the machine flips them to fry them on the other side.


The doughnuts travel up and down the conveyor belt as the oil drips off and they dry.


Oh - the glaze!


Even SuperD enjoys a fresh doughnut and gets a little grumpy when it's time to go.
Yes, my diabetics do eat doughnuts. They just don't eat them often,
and they don't eat a half-dozen at a time.


A:
Every time I go to Krispy Kreme, I always watch the donuts go through each stage. The dough, the frying of the dough, the flip of the donut, the icing, and the packaging! It's so much fun to see!Now when I get a donut from Krispy Kreme, I always get it straight from the line. They are soft and chewy! They taste so good! I love Krispy Kreme donuts! They are my favorites!




C:
I ate a doughnut at Krispy Kreme. It was a glazed one because the light was on, and it was free. They flip the doughnut over because there is oil and both sides have to be cooked in the oil. After that they go a thing that puts the glaze on it. It was fun watching it because I love doughnuts fresh of the line!

No comments:

Post a Comment