Thursday, June 10, 2010

#93: A People-Watching Place

the atrium at the OKC downtown library
We didn't intend to people-watch at the library. We were there for Noon Tunes, a summer music concert series. Today's artists were Greg and Miho Fisher, husband and wife pianists, known as DuoFisher. They play four hands on the same piano. You can hear them here:
This was their opening piece, and it was beautiful! In addition to Beethoven, they also played a piece by George Bizet called "Children's Games," which sounded like a bouncing ball. For the large number of children in the audience, they also performed two Disney songs: "Cruella De Vil" and "A Spoonful of Sugar." I not only enjoyed eating my lunch while listening to the concert, but I also enjoyed watching the people as they walked past the library. Many were business people who worked nearby, but some also looked homeless. We saw two groups of children, each group with matching shirts. The atrium was lovely, peaceful, and the music seemed to bounce off the glass and amplify itself. This was possibly my favorite experience thus far.

Duo Fisher
A:
The duets sounded AWESOME!!!!! They play two Disney songs, a song by Beethoven, and some others. I also got to see people just walk by and get onto the trolley. My favorite song was one of the Disney songs, "A Spoon Full of Sugar", a Mary Poppins song. They played it really well. I liked this trip a lot.

C:
A boy and a girl were playing the piano, and it sounded good. I really liked it. My favorite song was a Beethoven song - Bah bah bah bum, bah bah bah bum. It was downtown Oklahoma City.


Craig read a Flat Stanley book while listening to the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment